Increase number of unduplicated people attending 50+ Centers by 10% by 2025
The greatest percentage growth in those served between FY14 and FY18 was among individuals under age 60. This growth is likely due in part to efforts to reach out to younger cohorts and the new fitness facilities available. Bain 50+ Center renovation is completed, yet remains closed amid COVID-19. A new and expanded East Columbia 50+ Center is anticipated to further expand the population of people served. The overall growth of the senior population is anticipated to drive expanded needs. In the first half of FY20, the 50+ Centers were well attended. Given the COVID-19 environment, the 50+ centers moved to a virtual model, which will be sustained once restrictions are lifted. Almost 600 participants attended virtual programming in the second half of FY20.
- Renovate and expand 50+ Center in East Columbia.
- Complete renovations to the Florence Bain 50+ Center, the most actively used Center in the county.
- Expand operating hours to include Mon-Thus evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Strengthen existing collaborations with partners.
- Optimize program opportunities to support personal choice.
Source: Department of Community Resources and Services