Increase borrowing of library items (in millions) by 10% by 2025
While Howard County has led the state in per capita borrowing, that is no longer the case due to publisher increases and customer demand outpacing funding increases. During the COVID-19 pandemic, usage of online resources has dramatically increased. We will maintain our goal to increase overall borrowing by 10 percent.
- Pilot innovation collections.
- Increase access to STE(A)M materials for self-directed and collaborative learning experiences.
- Create spaces specifically designed to enhance self-directed learning for children (from birth to 5) and their caregivers.
- Increase partnerships with the arts and business communities for enhanced instructional opportunities.
- Develop and implement community engagement strategy to reach new and under-sserved members of the community who may experience barriers to access.
- Complete capital projects as outlined in updated Facilities Assessment and Master Plan.
Source: Howard County Library System