Increase borrowing of library items (in millions) by 10% by 2025
For the last five years, HCLS has achieved the highest per capita borrowing in the state, ranging from 23 to 26 items per capita in the County and in the top 1% nationwide. Since the reopening of the East Columbia and Elkridge Branches in the spring of 2018, borrowing, visits, and class attendance have increased by double digit percentages. Given our extraordinary usage patterns, our goal is a modest 10 percent over the next six years. The baseline year for target completion is FY 2018.
- Pilot innovation collections.
- Increase access to STE(A)M materials for self-directed and collaborative learning experiences.
- Create spaces specifically designed to enhance self-directed learning for children (from birth to 5) and their caregivers.
- Increase partnerships with the arts and business communities for enhanced instructional opportunities.
- Develop and implement community engagement strategy to reach new and under-sserved members of the community who may experience barriers to access.
- Complete capital projects as outlined in updated Facilities Assessment and Master Plan.
Source: Howard County Library System